PLACES FIRST IN ALL THREE MAJOR U.S. CATEGORIES FOR THE 2ND CONSECUTIVE YEAR
Liquidnet, the global institutional trading network, announced today that it has been ranked #1 for operational performance in both the US and Europe as part of the 2011 McLagan Z/Yen Survey of Operational Performance of Brokers. This marks the fourth year in a row that Liquidnet has been ranked first for operational performance in the US and the first time that the same broker has received number one rankings in both markets.
Liquidnet also placed first in all three major categories in the US survey for the second consecutive year, which includes Core Processing of Domestic Equities, Core Processing of International Equities, and Client Management. In Europe, Liquidnet placed first in the category of Core Processing of Global Markets and
“Taking home top honors in both the US and European markets in this year’s survey confirms that our Operations and Technology support organizations are truly best in class around the world,” commented Michael Cetrangola, Head of Member Services at Liquidnet. “We are deeply committed to delivering the best
value and experience for our Members throughout the entire trading process and we are pleased to receive this recognition from the institutional investment community for the services that we provide.”
Hallmarks of Liquidnet’s Member Services and Operations team include:
- Real-time exposure monitoring system to deal with intra-day market events and volatility allowing Liquidnet to protect institutional investors that make up its member community without compromising efficiency.
- Liquidnet Select Aggregator that allows members to seamlessly monitor and manage all Commission Sharing Agreements (CSA), Client Commission Agreements (CCA) and Soft Dollar Accounts via one simple web application. Liquidnet also offers the buy-side community an unmatched insurance package on all commission credits received.**
- Trade Support Forums, a global event series developed by Liquidnet to provide market intelligence in the Operations arena while bringing the buy-side community together. This year, events were held in New York, Boston, London and Toronto with more than 100 asset management firms participating globally.
“In our annual survey, the buy side community continues to recognize Liquidnet for providing exceptional operational performance. Respondents both in the US and Europe recognized the company for providing customer support and services that meet their distinct needs,” commented James Pitcher, Vice President, McLagan, the consulting group that runs the survey.
Results from Z/Yen’s annual survey were based on interviews with 47 leading buy-side financial firms in the U.S. and 51 in Europe. The firms were posed questions relating to the performance of brokers on various aspects of the operations process, such as accuracy and timing of trade confirmations, settlement rate, fail management, transactional client service and client relationship management.
This recognition adds to a range of awards won by Liquidnet in the last year including:
- Buy Side Technology’s “Best Buy Side Execution Venue“ for the fourth consecutive year
- Number I Broker Worldwide* and in North America in Trading Performance” in a survey conducted by Ancerno Ltd on behalf of Bloomberg news, 2011
- “Best Performing Broker in the United States” in a survey conducted by Elkins/McSherry on behalf of Pensions & Investments.
- The Asset’s Asian Awards “Best Crossing Network 2011” for the third consecutive year.
- The Asian Banker’s “Dark Pool of the Year” for the second time.
Liquidnet is the global institutional trading network that connects over 700 of the world’s top asset managers to large-scale equity trading opportunities across the globe — 41 markets across five continents. With an average trade size of more than 44,000 shares in the US, 68,800 in Canada, and approximately $1 million in Europe, Africa and Asia Pacific*, Liquidnet is a leader in large block trading globally. Liquidnet does this by going beyond what the retail market can provide by defending and securing the integrity and the anonymity of the block trade while continuously looking for ways to bring in new sources of safe, actionable liquidity from asset management firms, exchanges, brokers and corporations. Asset Managers rely on Liquidnet to help them protect the performance of their portfolios by allowing them to enter and exit their portfolio positions more efficiently. For more information on the Liquidnet community, its liquidity, block executions, and additional investment capabilities, visit www.liquidnet.com.
McLagan is a global provider of market intelligence to the financial services industry and conducts this survey annually. McLagan is the financial services industry’s leading compensation consulting, productivity and performance benchmarking firm, and can be found at www.mclagan.com.
Melissa Kanter, Liquidnet
Global Marketing & Communications
+1 646 660 8469
*as of 1H 2012
**Subject to limits and conditions.
©2012 Liquidnet Holdings, Inc. and its subsidiaries. Liquidnet, Inc. is a member of FINRA/SIPC. Liquidnet Europe Limited is authorized and regulated by the Financial Services Authority in the UK, is licensed by the Financial Services Board in South Africa, and is a member of the London Stock Exchange and a remote member of the Warsaw Stock Exchange and SIX Swiss Exchange. Liquidnet Canada Inc. is a member of IIROC and a member of Canadian Investor Protection Fund. Liquidnet Asia Limited is regulated by the Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission as a licensed dealer and a provider of automated trading services pursuant to the Securities and Futures Ordinance and is regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore as a Recognized Market Operator. Liquidnet Japan Inc. is regulated by the Financial Services Agency of Japan and is a member of JSDA/JIPF. Liquidnet Australia Pty Ltd. is registered with the Australian Securities and Investment Commission as an Australian Financial Services Licensee, AFSL number 312525, and is registered with the New Zealand Financial Markets Authority as a Financial Service Provider, FSP number FSP3781.